My Final Fantasy XII collection journey
09-08-2013, 06:15 PM
My Final Fantasy XII collection journey
My journey continues, but this time I've got some great progress made. I gave away at least 1 of the original Japanese normal releases and I believe 1 of the collector's editions. Though I need to redo my PS2 inventory soon...

Below is a list of all known releases and in [] is how many I own and condition. I'm sure there are Platinum versions of at least the UK version but I'm not 100% sure. I'll be updating my picture of the FFXII collection once I get all of my European releases in the mail.

NTSC-J:
SLPM-66320: Original release (J) [1]
SLPM-55022: Ultimate Hits (J) [1]
SLPM-66750: International - Zodiac Job System (J) [0]
SLPM-55210: International - Zodiac Job System Ultimate Hits (J) [1]
SCAJ-20172: Original release (HK/SG) [0]
SCAJ-20188: International - Zodiac Job System (HK/SG) [0]

KOREAN:
SCKA-20073: Original release (KR) [0]
SCKA-20138: International - Zodiac Job System Ultimate Hits (KR) [0]

NTSC-U/C:
SLUS-20963: Original release (U) [2]
SLUS-20963GH: Greatest Hits release (U) [1]
SLUS-21576: Collector's Edition Steelbook (U) [6]

PAL:
SLES-54354: PROMO copy (UK) [1]
SLES-54354: Original release (UK) [1]
SLES-54354/P: Platinum release (UK) [0]
SLES-54355: Original release (FR) [1]
SLES-54356: Original release (DE) [1]
SLES-54356/P: Platinum release (DE) [0]
SLES-54357: Original release (IT) [1]
SLES-54358: Original release (ES) [1]
SLES-54354: Original release (AU/NZ) [0]
SLES-54354/P: Platinum (AU/NZ) [0]
SLES-54354-ANZ: (AU/NZ) [0]
SLES-54354/P-ANZ: Platinum release (AU/NZ) [0]

Collection so far as of 9/11/2017.

[Image: ffxii_collection_9-11.jpg]

----------------------
Original post below
----------------------

The picture says it all... Grin

My goal is to own all versions from all regions including the guides. Tall order I know but, I plan on building a special display cabinet just for FFXII just like when I start doing FFIV next year. :cool: For now I'm not after getting new and sealed copies, just opened used versions. I don't have the cash to get new/sealed games.

So for now I own the following versions. And below the image are the known versions I've been able to locate.

Games:
  • PS2 Japanese normal release (2 copies)
  • PS2 North American Collector's Edition (7 copies)
  • PS2 North American normal release (2 copes)
  • PS2 North American Greatest Hits release (1 copy)
  • DS North American normal release (1 copy)
Guides:
  • PS2 North American Collector's Edition (1 copy)
  • PS2 North American Brady Games Signature Series (3 copies)
Soundtrack(s):
  • PS2 Japanese Limited Edition (Aniplex SVWC-7351~4)
-------------

*snip*

------------

Are there specific versions for Korea, China, Brazil, Germany, France or Italy?

PS2 - Final Fantasy XII (UK)
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII (Platinum) (UK)
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII (US)
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII (Collector's Edition) (US)
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII (J)
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII (Greatest Hits) (US)
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII (Ultimate Hits) (J)
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII (AU)
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Job System (J)

DS - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (US)
DS - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (AU)
DS - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (UK)
DS - Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (Ultimate Hits) (J)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 12:20 AM
RE: I think I really love Final Fantasy XII...
I wish International Zodiac Job System had an English language release. I like playing FF12 with classes chosen for each character as per the Enforced Class System Challenge FAQ. Never have finished the whole game though. I like restarting RPGs too much.
Find all posts by this user
09-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Yea, the Zodiac release is a good one and there is an English patch for the ISO but I like using the real console and so I'm screwed really.

09-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Good grief, JCE. You're not a super hardcore gamer, you're a hardcore FF XII fanatic! Now I love FF VI, it's my favorite RPG of all time. I own the original complete game on SNES. I might even buy the homebrew version too. But that is just "might." I'm not sure.

So when is Square Enix going to make a modern RPG that will surpass our favorites? All this focus on fancy graphics and action is getting boring. I just want a good story, beautiful music, old school gameplay, old school graphics if possible, and a cast of great characters. I guess the only option we have is this new Project Phoenix game that all these AAA talents from Japan and the West are making to bring back the JRPG. Check out its Kickstarter page here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1300...aaa-talent

The Kickstarter funding is still going on for another 9 hours if you want to invest in it.
09-10-2013, 05:16 PM
I am a freak for FFXII I guess. :)

But my favorite game ever is Final Fantasy IV / Final Fantasy IIus for the SNES. Wait until I start collecting these. :)

The kickstarter is cool I'm curious to see if it get completed.

09-08-2017, 03:31 PM
RE: My Final Fantasy XII collection journey
Updated the first post and thread title. I'll be cataloging my journey to collect every Final Fantasy XII version for the PS2 and later the PS4 on Earth.

For now, the latest is I received my German copy in the mail today and as described the condition is perfect and brand new. Pristine in fact...

09-09-2017, 11:31 AM
What a beautiful case and condition. Bouncy

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-09-2017, 04:02 PM
(09-10-2013 05:16 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  I am a freak for FFXII I guess. :)

But my favorite game ever is Final Fantasy IV / Final Fantasy IIus for the SNES. Wait until I start collecting these. :)

One of the things I like about JC is how passionate he happens to be. My philosophy is either you do it ALL THE WAY, or not do it at all. Don't just do anything halfway. Because doing it halfway will not give you the entire experience.

I might not know it but my subconscious has made me buy Final Fantasy VI in various forms just like JC with Final Fantasy XII. I feel like I've been sleep walking the entire time. For some reason, I ended up with like 5-6 versions of the same game without knowing it. LOL.
09-09-2017, 04:27 PM
***UPDATE***

My French copy is currently unroute to my home town so I expect a Monday or Tuesday delivery. So excited. It isn't brand new so I'll still be on the hunt for one new/sealed but for now I'll take jus this one since it was only the 3rd one even on sale on ebay. One was sealed (~$80) and the other was a VGA 85+ graded new one for $199. Too much! I'll be patient. I doubt I'm going to be able to get the Korean or Asian releases new/sealed but I'm going to try. The Aussie ones will be a toss up. Hopefully Jarlaxle can do me a huge favor there! Grin

(09-09-2017 04:02 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(09-10-2013 05:16 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  I am a freak for FFXII I guess. :)

One of the things I like about JC is how passionate he happens to be. My philosophy is either you do it ALL THE WAY, or not do it at all. Don't just do anything halfway. Because doing it halfway will not give you the entire experience.

Yup, go big or go home as some may say? Monies permitting however. I just found out that this exists:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Playstation-2-Fi...SwpiNZqnWq

So that means I have to at some point collect this as well. I have tons of duplicate games I suppose I can try and sell. Gotta have it, besides just look at that brilliant presentation on the box, pack-in items, and the console itself.

Quote:I might not know it but my subconscious has made me buy Final Fantasy VI in various forms just like JC with Final Fantasy XII. I feel like I've been sleep walking the entire time. For some reason, I ended up with like 5-6 versions of the same game without knowing it. LOL.

Go for it! You should absolutely collect every release CIB/New of FF6 if that's one of your favorites (which clearly it is!). Which ones do you have? I used to have two Japanese ones and my and my brother's launch day Final Fantasy III US releases plus a third CIB. Now I only have the 2 carts from myself and my brother. I really want to do Final Fantasy IV/II US quest to get all releases. It'll be fairly easy for the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo since it was only released in Japan. The GBA/DS ones are significantly more difficult since they had multiple worldwide releases. The same could be said of Final Fantasy VI as well.

09-10-2017, 06:14 PM
(09-09-2017 04:27 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Go for it! You should absolutely collect every release CIB/New of FF6 if that's one of your favorites (which clearly it is!). Which ones do you have? I used to have two Japanese ones and my and my brother's launch day Final Fantasy III US releases plus a third CIB. Now I only have the 2 carts from myself and my brother. I really want to do Final Fantasy IV/II US quest to get all releases. It'll be fairly easy for the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo since it was only released in Japan. The GBA/DS ones are significantly more difficult since they had multiple worldwide releases. The same could be said of Final Fantasy VI as well.

Uh, after looking through my stuff, I have the U.S. release, Final Fantasy III for SNES (CIB), Final Fantasy Anthology (FF V & VI) for PS One (still sealed), and Final Fantasy VI for Super Famicom (CIB). As physical copies go, I believe I'm only missing the Game Boy Advance version. I don't think there was a Nintendo DS version. The rest of the releases were digital only like on the Wii Virtual Console, PC, Playstation Store, and Android/iOS. I don't have any of the digital ones.
09-11-2017, 10:00 AM
(09-10-2017 06:14 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(09-09-2017 04:27 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Go for it! You should absolutely collect every release CIB/New of FF6 if that's one of your favorites (which clearly it is!). Which ones do you have? I used to have two Japanese ones and my and my brother's launch day Final Fantasy III US releases plus a third CIB. Now I only have the 2 carts from myself and my brother. I really want to do Final Fantasy IV/II US quest to get all releases. It'll be fairly easy for the Super Famicom/Super Nintendo since it was only released in Japan. The GBA/DS ones are significantly more difficult since they had multiple worldwide releases. The same could be said of Final Fantasy VI as well.

Uh, after looking through my stuff, I have the U.S. release, Final Fantasy III for SNES (CIB), Final Fantasy Anthology (FF V & VI) for PS One (still sealed), and Final Fantasy VI for Super Famicom (CIB). As physical copies go, I believe I'm only missing the Game Boy Advance version. I don't think there was a Nintendo DS version. The rest of the releases were digital only like on the Wii Virtual Console, PC, Playstation Store, and Android/iOS. I don't have any of the digital ones.

No DS release exists so cross that off your list. I thought I sent you the GBA version in a trade at some point? I had it CIB (naturally). I don't have any of my Final Fantasy GBA CIBs any more as I traded or sold them all. Regretting it but I'm sure I got something good out of it.

And it is a shame that people are counting digital games as a part of their "collection"...blasphemy. Separate digital and physical and I'm ok with it. Annoys me that this VGCollect site allows Steam and digital releases to count towards the overall total... Small annoyance on an otherwise great site.

09-11-2017, 04:43 PM
(09-11-2017 10:00 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 06:14 PM)ctophil Wrote:  

No DS release exists so cross that off your list. I thought I sent you the GBA version in a trade at some point? I had it CIB (naturally). I don't have any of my Final Fantasy GBA CIBs any more as I traded or sold them all. Regretting it but I'm sure I got something good out of it.

And it is a shame that people are counting digital games as a part of their "collection"...blasphemy. Separate digital and physical and I'm ok with it. Annoys me that this VGCollect site allows Steam and digital releases to count towards the overall total... Small annoyance on an otherwise great site.

Oh, never mind, I do have the Final Fantasy VI for GBA that you sent me. I have most of my Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games out on the shelf for display. But I still have a couple of games still in storage.

I have Ys I & II on the Wii Virtual Console, which doesn't count like you said. But I really need the physical version, especially on Turbografx-CD. I've been focusing on Ys a lot, trying to get all of them. I recently got Ys IV and V reproduction carts, since they are already translated and stuff.
09-11-2017, 05:04 PM
My French one is en-route to my local post office as we speak. I may have it sometime in the next day or two.

(09-11-2017 04:43 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(09-11-2017 10:00 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  
(09-10-2017 06:14 PM)ctophil Wrote:  Uh, after looking through my stuff, I have the U.S. release, Final Fantasy III for SNES (CIB), Final Fantasy Anthology (FF V & VI) for PS One (still sealed), and Final Fantasy VI for Super Famicom (CIB). As physical copies go, I believe I'm only missing the Game Boy Advance version. I don't think there was a Nintendo DS version. The rest of the releases were digital only like on the Wii Virtual Console, PC, Playstation Store, and Android/iOS. I don't have any of the digital ones.

Oh, never mind, I do have the Final Fantasy VI for GBA that you sent me. I have most of my Game Boy and Game Boy Advance games out on the shelf for display. But I still have a couple of games still in storage.

I have Ys I & II on the Wii Virtual Console, which doesn't count like you said. But I really need the physical version, especially on Turbografx-CD. I've been focusing on Ys a lot, trying to get all of them. I recently got Ys IV and V reproduction carts, since they are already translated and stuff.

Ys is a fantastic series! The Ys I & II Legacy for the DS is really good, don't forget those.

09-11-2017, 07:02 PM
Ladies and gents, Germany's signings have arrived. I was shocked the French and Great Britain ones had arrived already ahead of schedule. Grin

09-11-2017, 11:59 PM
Updated the first post with a picture of what I have so far.

09-15-2017, 01:23 PM
Got my release from Spain yesterday and my Italian release today. Pictures forthcoming. Unfortunately the one from Spain was irregularly packed and I slightly ripped the seal on one of the sides getting it out of the cardboard shipping package You cannot notice it much but there is some sort of cardboard or brown tape underneath so I'm not actually 100% sure it wasn't this way before it was shipped. So I'll have to live with that slight seal mishap and at least it is on one of the sides and not the front or back. I'm pretty irritated that one of the more rare ones isn't pristine like the others. I'm contemplating buying another one at some point then selling this one. I know its petty and OCD and such but I wanted these new and sealed in as best of condition as possible. I'm probably expecting too much...

09-16-2017, 11:50 AM
My review of The Zodiac Age is up and ready for consumption. Grin

http://jce3000gt.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=580

09-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, I have an unexpected addition to my FFXII collection. Was not expecting this but since it was complete I had to jump on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fantasy-XI...2749.l2649

09-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Got it in the mail. Too bad the case is cracked and it being a specialized case I cannot just replace it so I'm thinking about trying to find a sports game or something not as valuable and swap that case out.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  I need help locating Final Fantasy XII PS2 (Korea/Hong Kong/Singapore) JCE3000GT 2 83 09-16-2017 01:41 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  JCE's (new) Game Collection thread JCE3000GT 4 62 09-15-2017 02:10 PM
  Final Fantasy Series ctophil 49 10,367 08-15-2017 05:00 PM
  My game collection JCE3000GT 1 169 07-12-2017 07:20 PM
  [PS4] Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age JCE3000GT 6 319 07-11-2017 09:42 PM
  My Gaming Collection JCE3000GT 22 3,478 05-20-2017 04:15 PM
  Orchestral Fantasy xlom3000 15 1,468 05-14-2017 09:47 AM
  [Switch] Seiken Densetsu Collection xlom3000 9 932 04-29-2017 04:32 PM
Information Revamped Final Fantasy Legend Box Art ttruelove 18 3,026 05-27-2016 10:58 AM
Last Post: Lotex
  Final Fantasy Type-0 and XV ctophil 6 2,935 02-19-2016 06:00 PM
  Final Fantasy Type-0 HD -- XBOX One JCE3000GT 13 2,404 02-19-2016 12:27 PM
  My growing strategy guide collection JCE3000GT 10 2,281 09-14-2015 06:43 PM