Video Game Music -- youtube videos welcome!
09-09-2016, 03:30 PM
Video Game Music -- youtube videos welcome!
I'll start us off with some on my channel as well as some others. Please feel free to submit a post per game to help separate them.

My playlists/albums...

Arrangements of Lore
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...5A648C44AD

Hey You, Outta my Way!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...316FFD7871

Mystic Quest Reborn
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...1A3B4ACB39

Random game arrangements of mine
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...37FE5023E1

---------------------

SaGa 2 (Final Fantasy Legend II)

Original Battle Music:

DS remake:

Original Never Give Up:

DS remake:

SaGa 3 (Final Fantasy Legend III)

Original Battle Music:

DS remake:

Original Theme from Another Dimension:

DS remake:

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2016, 03:40 PM
RE: Video Game Music -- youtube videos welcome!
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (one of the best game's I've ever played)

Jeremy Soule at his absolute best on display here. A little tidbit, he had a very serious car accident while in the middle of composing this. He said it changed his perspective I believe.

The title screen (Reign of Septims) gives me serious goose bumps and an emotional response. For it and some of the other pieces of music I almost tear up in some moments of a couple other songs, I just love this game and its soundtrack--more than Skyrim which is saying a lot. The nostalgia is huge with this game.

09-09-2016, 03:51 PM
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (another one of the best games I've ever played)

More Jeremy Soule for your consumption.

09-10-2016, 10:17 AM
I don't know if it's intended, but the 3rd playlist in the 1st post (MQ:Reborn) is private ;)
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2016, 10:56 AM
Fixed!

09-10-2016, 01:29 PM
Thanks, once again brings back all the good memories Grin
09-10-2016, 03:27 PM
Grin Good, then that was a success.

09-10-2016, 04:41 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2016 04:41 PM by ctophil.)
Jeremy Soule's music definitely sound epic. Those songs remind me of movies like Conan the Barbarian (the original, the new one stunk badly) and Conan the Destroyer. I just love music that sets the tone for "high adventure" (a nod to the narrator in Conan movies). Hehe. I still need to give the Elder Scrolls series a chance just to see why people love it so much.

I do like Oblivion's soundtrack a little bit better than Skyrim. I guess it just gives me more of an emotional impact (exciting, epic, adventurous), similar to movie soundtracks by John Williams. I can never get over the original Superman and Star Wars music no matter how many times I watch them.
09-10-2016, 05:02 PM
(09-10-2016 04:41 PM)ctophil Wrote:  Jeremy Soule's music definitely sound epic. Those songs remind me of movies like Conan the Barbarian (the original, the new one stunk badly) and Conan the Destroyer. I just love music that sets the tone for "high adventure" (a nod to the narrator in Conan movies). Hehe. I still need to give the Elder Scrolls series a chance just to see why people love it so much.

You should start with Oblivion and play the DLCs. I promise it is worth it even if the game is 10 years old... Nothing beats a trek out in the wilderness at night with a clear sky and the stars in Oblivion. And maybe Skyrim too, but Oblivion had more of an impact. Ranged / Stealth characters are really fun to play in either of these so I recommend those as I'm sure Lotex will as well. ;)

Quote:I do like Oblivion's soundtrack a little bit better than Skyrim. I guess it just gives me more of an emotional impact (exciting, epic, adventurous), similar to movie soundtracks by John Williams. I can never get over the original Superman and Star Wars music no matter how many times I watch them.

Agreed. On both. Oblivion's soundtrack while shorter seems to be a bit higher quality and also seems to give more of an emotional response. Skyrim's is good but some of it doesn't give me that same feeling.

Fun fact, I have all of the overworld, town, and dungeon music in 1 MP3 for each Oblivion and Skyrim that I play at night for my wife and I to fall asleep to. I'll upload them if anyone is interested. I need to do Fallout 4 as well...

09-10-2016, 11:05 PM
(09-10-2016 05:02 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Ranged / Stealth characters are really fun to play in either of these so I recommend those as I'm sure Lotex will as well. ;)

You bet I will! Although I have to warn you, while they're really fun to play they're also pretty broken in terms of: You shoot someone in the ass and they're like "Must've been the wind" and then they go back to what they were doing before.
Oh and definitely play Oblivion before Skyrim because the latter is easier to handle (lockpicking and such stuff) and if you do it the other way round it's a little bit like
"Man, this is incommodious"

(09-10-2016 05:02 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Fun fact, I have all of the overworld, town, and dungeon music in 1 MP3 for each Oblivion and Skyrim that I play at night for my wife and I to fall asleep to. I'll upload them if anyone is interested. I need to do Fallout 4 as well...
That sounds familiar, although it's not music that I listen to Grin
I'd be interested though.
09-11-2016, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2016 05:32 PM by ctophil.)
(09-10-2016 11:05 PM)Lotex Wrote:  
(09-10-2016 05:02 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Ranged / Stealth characters are really fun to play in either of these so I recommend those as I'm sure Lotex will as well. ;)

You bet I will! Although I have to warn you, while they're really fun to play they're also pretty broken in terms of: You shoot someone in the ass and they're like "Must've been the wind" and then they go back to what they were doing before.
Oh and definitely play Oblivion before Skyrim because the latter is easier to handle (lockpicking and such stuff) and if you do it the other way round it's a little bit like
"Man, this is incommodious"

LOL. It's the same in the Dark Souls series. I shoot arrows at enemies, and they start wandering around and then go back to staring at the wall. :P It really depends how far away you are. If you're a little close, they will chase you down. I'm sure it's similar in Elder Scrolls. But sure, I'll use a range character in Oblivion and Skyrim.

Speaking of which, I started listening to music by Eric Heberling who composed for Elder Scrolls Arena and Daggerfall. Arena was okay, but man Daggerfall has an amazing soundtrack. If you guys haven't done so, you need to check it out below. I also listened to Morrowind (also by Jeremy Soule), and it was very good as well. Sounds on par with Oblivion in my opinion.

The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall:

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind:

09-11-2016, 10:31 PM
(09-11-2016 05:29 PM)ctophil Wrote:  LOL. It's the same in the Dark Souls series. I shoot arrows at enemies, and they start wandering around and then go back to staring at the wall. :P It really depends how far away you are. If you're a little close, they will chase you down. I'm sure it's similar in Elder Scrolls. But sure, I'll use a range character in Oblivion and Skyrim.

Kind of, but not exactly. It also depends on their level, if you're beside a torch/in plain sight or if you're in the shadows, if you wear chameleon gear and your sneak skill. It's still fun though, you can always ramp up the difficulty and it also feels good to master legendary :cool:
08-13-2017, 10:33 AM
I'm just going to leave this here.

Final Fantasy IV: Within the Giant

I don’t know what it is about this song in particular but man it gives me serious goosebumps and fuzzy emotional responses every time I hear it. Reminds me of my happy childhood and of my best mate Tim who you all know as ttruelove.

08-19-2017, 05:19 PM
@ 3:06 goosebumps will begin to form. Bouncy

08-19-2017, 05:49 PM
(08-19-2017 05:19 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  @ 3:06 goosebumps will begin to form. Bouncy

After listening to that song, I immediately envisioned the archetype called Hero's Journey. It's a template for the thousands upon thousands of stories in all forms of media present in our books, storytellers, tales, poems, plays, music, paintings, movies, tv shows, and even video games. But most importantly, our own Hero's Journey we call life.

Oh, it's a nice song too, JC. LOL. Grin
08-26-2017, 12:37 PM
(08-19-2017 05:49 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(08-19-2017 05:19 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  @ 3:06 goosebumps will begin to form. Bouncy

After listening to that song, I immediately envisioned the archetype called Hero's Journey. It's a template for the thousands upon thousands of stories in all forms of media present in our books, storytellers, tales, poems, plays, music, paintings, movies, tv shows, and even video games. But most importantly, our own Hero's Journey we call life.

Oh, it's a nice song too, JC. LOL. Grin

Thanks Phil. You should check out more of Jeremy Soule's compositions, he is a very underrated composer. I'd put him up there with Nobuo, Kenji, Yoko, Yasunori, and etc. Oh and FYI, he also did Secret of Evermore. Fun fact! For me personally he's right behind Nobuo.

08-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Like Estpolis Denki aka Lufia?

Estpolis Denki I - The Last Battle...

Original:

My arrangement (I'm going to use another trumpet I think after listening to this so many years later):

Estpolis Denki II - The Final Battle...

Original:

My arrangement (I'm going to use another sample for the harp I think, funny I didn't notice all these years later!):

Estpolis Denki II - Boss Battle...

Original:

My arrangement:

08-27-2017, 12:04 PM
More Orchestral Fantasy. Both of these are just beautiful.

09-08-2017, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2017 10:26 AM by xlom3000.)
!!!!!!!!! You all know how big a mega man fan I am, this gives me goosebumps all over

10-08-2017, 11:07 AM
I forgot about this video I had watched about 9 years ago. Really good talent right here. I can usually assess someone's musical talent with not just their ability to produce but what their feet do. And in this case her left leg/foot is highly active.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Great video on GameBoy carts display JCE3000GT 0 7 Yesterday 10:53 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  PC game covers JCE3000GT 8 87 11-14-2017 01:53 AM
  JCE's (new) Game Collection thread JCE3000GT 5 156 10-25-2017 12:08 AM
  Alternative Retro Video Solutions ctophil 37 6,198 09-29-2017 01:12 PM
Last Post: xlom3000
  My game collection JCE3000GT 1 253 07-12-2017 07:20 PM
  RPG general discussion (video game) JCE3000GT 32 2,624 05-29-2017 08:55 PM
  Video game vinyl xlom3000 1 377 03-29-2017 03:11 PM
  Game Collecting Thread ctophil 23 5,731 03-22-2017 06:57 PM
  NintendoAge and the game collecting community as a whole pisses me off sometimes JCE3000GT 2 490 03-05-2017 06:07 PM
  XBOX Video & Screenshots showcase JCE3000GT 7 2,049 02-17-2017 10:47 AM
  Way cool live text comparing software for game xlom3000 3 744 11-18-2016 09:29 PM
  Neat VR JRPG game xlom3000 2 825 09-29-2016 01:05 PM
Last Post: xlom3000