I managed to get 2 PS4 kiosks.
02-20-2017, 12:34 AM
I managed to get 2 PS4 kiosks.
Three weeks ago I was peckish to grab a Wii U kiosk from GameStop now that the system is dead and the retailers are throwing them out. However I was two weeks too late. Most stores in the Dallas area had someone come take most of them. I did however get one of my contacts give me a tip that two PlayStation 4 kiosks were recently decommissioned because the PS4's inside were faulty or the TVs were bad--not sure which one had which.

Well today I got the call to come pick them up.

Behold in all their glory. Grin

My only concern is how to get a TV mounted. I think it used a proprietary mount. I may have to fabricate one... I have the company who made it so I might see if I can get replacement parts or a parts listing.

*update*
More pictures. LOL I found a TV remote for one of them...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2017, 05:14 PM
RE: I managed to snag some cool game kiosks.
(02-20-2017 12:34 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Three weeks ago I was peckish to grab a Wii U kiosk from GameStop now that the system is dead and the retailers are throwing them out. However I was two weeks too late. Most stores in the Dallas area had someone come take most of them. I did however get one of my contacts give me a tip that two PlayStation 4 kiosks were recently decommissioned because the PS4's inside were faulty.

My only concern is how to get a TV mounted. I think it used a proprietary mount. I may have to fabricate one... I have the company who made it so I might see if I can get replacement parts or a parts listing.

Very nice, JC. Congratulations! They look pristine. I see there are PS4 units inside the Kiosks. What is wrong with them? Perhaps I can fix them up for you?

P.S. I wouldn't mind a Wii U Kiosk. That would be cool.
Find all posts by this user
02-20-2017, 06:23 PM
(02-20-2017 05:14 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(02-20-2017 12:34 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Three weeks ago I was peckish to grab a Wii U kiosk from GameStop now that the system is dead and the retailers are throwing them out. However I was two weeks too late. Most stores in the Dallas area had someone come take most of them. I did however get one of my contacts give me a tip that two PlayStation 4 kiosks were recently decommissioned because the PS4's inside were faulty.

Very nice, JC. Congratulations! They look pristine. I see there are PS4 units inside the Kiosks. What is wrong with them? Perhaps I can fix them up for you?

P.S. I wouldn't mind a Wii U Kiosk. That would be cool.

Thanks Phil!

Those are dummy PS4 units, just the shells. The working PS4 units would actually go inside that drawer. I think I'm going to figure out how to mount the TVs then use one for an emulation machine with a raspberry pi + one of my PS2's and the other will eventually be for a PS4 or trade for an XBOX 360 or XBOX One kiosk. I have no idea what the value is since Sony wants these destroyed while they are at the stores. So I doubt there are any other people with them. I found one Canadian with one selling for CAN $500.

02-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Ok I found the remote for the Sony Bravia TV (32" I think) but I also discover that the bracket / mount for the TV is bespoke and made just for this kiosk. I snapped a crummy picture of it but unless I am able to get one or two somehow these kiosks are probably 120lb paperweights. LOL

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-21-2017, 06:58 PM
Updated first post with more pics.

04-29-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: I managed to get 2 PS4 kiosks.
So I am unable to locate a TV mount so I'm down to hoping someone can help me come up with a no-drill solution. I get the sneaking suspicion that these are going to be useless. In fact I've already got someone up in Oklahoma who will trade me a platinum GameCube+GameBoy player+platinum wireless Wavebird controller for one of these.

I suck at fabrication and imagination as such so I'm almost tempted to rid myself of this other one and just be done with it if I cannot find a solution soon.

07-07-2017, 03:53 PM
So I'm trying to sell one of these but man no one is interested. I've got it open for trades or cash or both but not one person interested. Looks like I'll have one sitting in the garage for months before I am able to offload it. At this point I just want some decent games or an console traded for it. Not asking a bunch for it...

I suppose the size and lack of me being able to transport it are holding the interest back too. I shouldn't of took them both...

08-21-2017, 04:21 PM
I came up with a way to get a TV mounted without obtaining the original TV mount. It came to me in a dream and it is quite genius. I just need to find a metal fabrication / machine shop around locally.