SNES Classic Edition
06-26-2017, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 03:42 PM by ctophil.)
SNES Classic Edition
Hey, guys

Nintendo finally announced the SNES Classic Edition. Coming out this September 29, 2017, it will come with 21 games already included. Similar to the NES Classic Edition, the console can't play carts, only the games included. Here are the games:

Contra III: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
EarthBound
Final Fantasy III
F-Zero
Kirby Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV
Super Ghouls ‘n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Super Mario World
Super Metroid
Super Punch-Out!!
Yoshi’s Island

The game list is definitely some of the best that came on the console. It even has my favorite game, Final Fantasy III (FF VI in Japan). The never released officially, Star Fox 2, also makes its appearance. I already own 90% of those games. I don't see a point in me purchasing the system. But like JC said with the NES Classic Edition, this console is for folks who don't own the NES & SNES and just really got into retro gaming. It will cost $79.99.

Read the article here: http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2017/6408.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2017, 04:51 PM
RE: SNES Classic Edition
I needed that before I built these....

http://jce3000gt.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=513
06-26-2017, 05:03 PM
Awesome collection of games! I need to preorder ASAP. isn't on Amazon yet, have you preordered it yet?

Wait, Star Fox 2?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2017, 06:06 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 06:06 PM by ctophil.)
(06-26-2017 05:03 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Awesome collection of games! I need to preorder ASAP. isn't on Amazon yet, have you preordered it yet?

Wait, Star Fox 2?

The system is not available for preorder yet. But stay tuned in the coming week, Nintendo will most likely give us the details. You can watch the official Nintendo web page for retailer information here (scroll down to the bottom): http://www.nintendo.com/super-nes-classi...roducthunt Or just keep checking Amazon.

Yeah, if you want the system, preorder it quickly or it might run out again. lol.

Right, I was surprised that Star Fox 2 was included. It has been available as a game reproduction over the years, but never officially from Nintendo like this.
06-26-2017, 06:10 PM
Thanks Phil.

It is a surprise that Star Fox 2 is on there. I wonder if they will use the patched ROM already out there

06-26-2017, 06:32 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2017 06:42 PM by ctophil.)
Update: The SNES Classic Edition is available for preorder in the UK. In the UK, it is actually called Nintendo Classic Mini: SNES. Plus, the model looks like a Super Famicom instead of the U.S. Super Nintendo. It was also available for preorder on Amazon UK but has since sold out as you can see here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-Switch...609c88c864

Preorder the UK system here: http://www.game.co.uk/en/super-nintendo-...doSNESMini

It is 79.99 pounds translated to about a $100 in U.S. Dollars.

GAME does ship internationally in case our friends here in North America are interested. :-) International shipping is 4.95 pounds or around $6.40 Dollars.
06-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the heads up!

06-27-2017, 10:08 AM
There was an interview with the lead programmer awhile back where he said that most complete leak on the internet was only about 90% complete, that it was missing difficulty tuning and the random elements of the game that made every play through different. He also said the debug environment was still running in code (which was likely causing the game to run even worse).

He said even though the game was shelved, the team finished the game and it went through all the mario club QA requirements and was mastered for release. Nintendo even sent him a copy of the mastered rom to use as a reference when they worked on star fox command. A lot of the features in Star Fox Command came from this game.

So very likely, the version of Star Fox 2 on this system is that mastered final copy.
06-27-2017, 07:36 PM
That's awesome. That alone makes this worth getting just because of the previously unreleased game being released officially.

I will be UPSET if I don't get one.

07-22-2017, 12:39 PM
Well no one has it available to pre-order anymore. I apparently missed my opportunity at walmart to pre-order it. For fuck's sake I better get one. And I only want to get one!

While I'm bummed I missed out on an NES Classic if I miss out on an SNES Classic I'll explode. It is my favorite system after all!

07-22-2017, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2017 08:02 PM by ctophil.)
(07-22-2017 12:39 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Well no one has it available to pre-order anymore. I apparently missed my opportunity at walmart to pre-order it. For fuck's sake I better get one. And I only want to get one!

While I'm bummed I missed out on an NES Classic if I miss out on an SNES Classic I'll explode. It is my favorite system after all!

Not to worry, Wal-mart was the only retailer to have it for pre-order late last night. Everybody else are still waiting for their notifications to put up their live pre-orders.

Wal-mart's brief pre-order session only lasted for 40 minutes. Even then, some people couldn't put in their orders during the 40 minutes. It was sold out before they finished the order process. Also, Wal-mart has since cancelled some orders too due to credit card issues and verification of new accounts. They will probably add those cancellations to the next live pre-order session. I received the notification from Wal-mart around 11:35pm last night. But I didn't get on until 11:50pm. By that time, the web page was having technical issues (due to overwhelming traffic?). Plus, it was a Friday night, which was a Sabbath (Jewish tradition where you a not allowed to buy, sell, play, work, nor doing anything besides spiritual stuff). I couldn't pre-order anyways.

I have notifications set up from around the world, from the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, and even Singapore. BTW, all those countries I just mentioned have pre-orders going on for the past week to 2 weeks already. The U.S. is lagging behind. From monitoring retailers from those nations, they are selling out within 10 - 20 minutes everytime a new shipment is posted online. So I assure you it's not easy to get one console. I wouldn't worry too much though. I am constantly monitoring this many times each day. I will grab a few consoles for my friends just in case.
07-22-2017, 06:31 PM
(07-22-2017 05:26 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(07-22-2017 12:39 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Well no one has it available to pre-order anymore. I apparently missed my opportunity at walmart to pre-order it. For fuck's sake I better get one. And I only want to get one!

Not to worry, Wal-mart was the only retailer to have it for pre-order late last night. Everybody else are still waiting for their notifications to put up their live pre-orders.

Wal-mart's brief pre-order session only lasted for 40 minutes. Even then, some people couldn't put in their orders during the 40 minutes. It was sold out before they finished the order process. Also, Wal-mart has since cancelled some orders too due to credit card issues and verification of new accounts. They will probably add those cancellations to the next live pre-order session. I received the notification from Wal-mart around 11:35pm last night. But I didn't get on until 11:50pm. By that time, the web page was having technical issues (due to overwhelming traffic?). Plus, it was a Friday night, which was a Sabbath (Jewish tradition where you a not allowed to buy, sell, play work, nor doing anything besides spiritual stuff). I couldn't pre-order anyways.

I have notifications set up from around the world, from the UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, and even Singapore. BTW, all those countries I just mentioned have pre-orders going on for the past week to 2 weeks already. The U.S. is lagging behind. From monitoring retailers from those nations, they are selling out within 10 - 20 minutes everytime a new shipment is posted online. So I assure you it's not easy to get one console. I wouldn't worry too much though. I am constantly monitoring this many times each day. I will grab a few consoles for my friends just in case.

Not surprised the US is behind the world on something. Will the SNES Classic from those other non-English speaking countries have those games in English? Or with a language select?

You'd be my hero if you can get one if I am unable to. LOL

07-22-2017, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2017 10:18 PM by ctophil.)
(07-22-2017 06:31 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Not surprised the US is behind the world on something. Will the SNES Classic from those other non-English speaking countries have those games in English? Or with a language select?

You'd be my hero if you can get one if I am unable to. LOL

Nintendo Germany said that the European version will have all the American games on there, and you can select the language of your choice, including English. So it's basically the U.S. console but looks like the Super Famicom. I'm not sure about the Japanese Super Famicom Classic Mini (also sold in other Asian nations), but here is the list of games that will be in the Japanese console. There are some minor differences:

Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Donkey Kong Country
F-Zero
Final Fantasy 6
Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem
Legend of the Mystical Ninja
Kirby Super Star
Mega Man X
Panel de Pon
Secret of Mana
Star Fox
Star Fox 2
Super Soccer
Super Ghouls n Ghosts
Super Mario Kart
Super Mario RPG
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Metroid
Super Street Fighter 2: The New Challengers
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

If the Super Famicom Classic Mini is similar to the Famicom Classic Mini, you can select any language you want, but it will still have some Japanese text in the menu. After hacking the system, it was fully English. I'm sure somebody will release a hack shortly after the Super Famicom Classic Mini's release as well. Most games are Japanese versions, however.

Monitoring Update: I have turned on 24/7 text notifications for 7 retailers, which means 5 U.S. and 2 UK retailers. There are also Japanese, Malaysian, Australian, and New Zealand retailers I have signed up for e-mail notifications. The rest that don't have notifications, I will monitor manually throughout the day.
07-23-2017, 08:38 AM
That's good to know.

I see the only differences in games as being F-Zero instead of Earthbound, Super Soccer instead of Castlevania IV, SSF2 instead of SF2 Turbo, Panel de Pon instead of Super Punch Out, and Fire Emblem instead of Kirby's Dream Course.

07-23-2017, 02:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-23-2017 02:55 PM by ctophil.)
(07-23-2017 08:38 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  That's good to know.

I see the only differences in games as being F-Zero instead of Earthbound, Super Soccer instead of Castlevania IV, SSF2 instead of SF2 Turbo, Panel de Pon instead of Super Punch Out, and Fire Emblem instead of Kirby's Dream Course.

Actually, F-Zero is on both lists. Legend of the Mystical Ninja is the replacement for Earthbound in the Japanese console.

On a side note, some retailers in Japan, Malaysia, and Europe also have the American SNES Classic Edition.

Target has hinted that pre-orders are coming soon. Take a look at the Tweet:

Quote:Heidi Cortright‏ @hcortright1027 5h5 hours ago
More
@AskTarget when will I be able to preorder the SNES Classic?
1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes
Reply 1 Retweet Like

AskTarget‏Verified account
@AskTarget
Follow
More
Replying to @hcortright1027
We're excited about SNES release this fall too? Check online periodically for our pre-orders! We'll share your request for notification.
12:29 PM - 23 Jul 2017

On another side note, oh look, this is my 1,000th post in this forum. LOL. Bouncy
07-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Woohoo, on both!

1,000 posts! You're only 1,001,843 behind me. LOL

08-22-2017, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 07:57 PM by ctophil.)
Bleh, the SNES Classic Edition pre-orders went live today everywhere. But it was only available for like a minute. Then Best Buy, Gamestop, and Target web sites all crashed. I couldn't get on there to order. Takes like 5 minutes just to reload a page on all the retailers. I had like 7 tabs open in my browser to every store imaginable. It's madness. I was able to add the item to cart at Target. But then the web site crashed for too long. Amazon was long gone before I even got there.

I'll try again everyday until September 29. LOL.
08-22-2017, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2017 12:55 PM by xlom3000.)
I managed to get two pre-ordered, but both are already spoken for Sad
Got my best buy order in at 1:20am last night and my amazon order in at 4:30am before the listing was even fully live. (it had a temporary description listed but everyone said it was the same style description as the red joy-cons so that it was likely legit and it turned out it was).
08-22-2017, 07:21 PM
I'm so angry I missed it again. I hate you Nintendo.

08-22-2017, 07:52 PM
I'm going to make another angry post because I'm having a bad day. Nintendo had to be the most inept, archaic, and visionless company on Earth. They don't understand retro is hot right now not their stupid last 2 consoles including the Switch. They are missing out on so much revenue and positive publicity by not producing the hell out of this and allowing many more preorders. They need to tell these retailers to open preorders for a much larger amount.

Since I work in market research and marketing I have a unique perspective with the data and resarch I provide most of the major companies on Earth. So watching how they are handing these retro mini consoles I cannot fathom what Nintendo is doing and all we as the public can do is guess. Only their boardroom in Japan does. They have ZERO feeling of the market pulse right now and I suspect part of this is because of Japanese stubbornness.

My last statement is this. If we get another NES Classic situation perhaps it is time to let Nintendo know our disgust as consumers with our wallets. If I don't get an SNES Mini I will not buy a Switch or any games unless any are second hand so they won't get my revenue.

So, Nintendo, --> LAME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [SNES] Street Fighter 2 xlom3000 4 136 09-03-2017 08:49 PM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  Supa RetroN HD -- An alternative to the SNES Classic JCE3000GT 2 98 09-01-2017 09:25 PM
  SNES DSP rom xlom3000 1 112 08-22-2017 07:26 PM
  NES Classic Edition ctophil 40 5,289 07-14-2017 06:19 PM
  [SNES] Unholy Night JCE3000GT 0 170 05-07-2017 02:20 PM
  [XBOX One/PS4/Switch/PC] Skyrim: Special Edition JCE3000GT 15 2,326 04-29-2017 02:48 PM
  Man finds rare Sony-Nintendo collaboration SNES-CD console Thalack 8 2,713 07-21-2016 01:48 AM
  CD Quality SNES Games ctophil 3 1,530 07-03-2015 10:05 PM
  Custom Classic Consoles ctophil 2 1,014 01-05-2015 07:45 PM
  ROM Internal Data, useful for SNES/SFC ROM hackers JCE3000GT 0 999 12-21-2014 10:59 PM
  Classic Run & Gun Video Game Survey jonnelyonne 2 2,325 04-28-2013 02:06 AM
Last Post: jonnelyonne
  SNES Kiosk pseudo replica JCE3000GT 3 3,037 12-31-2012 03:52 PM