My First Twitch Live Stream
08-12-2017, 02:36 AM
My First Twitch Live Stream
G'day mates, just thought I'd invite you all to check out my first ever Twitch stream next Saturday (August 19th)! I'm aiming to start around 9PM AEST (UTC+10) which is probably early in the morning for you yanks, but I'll be going for at least four hours, and possibly a few hours after that playing Halo co-op with a mate from the US. You can find a link below to my Twitch Channel which I've already filled out with plenty of info, feel free to Follow me to find out when I go live! Below that I've also made a trailer for the first game I'll be playing there. Grin

https://www.twitch.tv/TrazFromAustralia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IGsYc0iKAk

I'll be testing all my new equipment this weekend (mixer/microphone/webcam/etc) and if all goes well I might even have an unofficial first stream on Tuesday, starting my 'Tales of Tuesday' stream where I'll play through the entirety of the Tales of... series, starting with Tales of Phantasia (PSX) Hard Mode! Hope to catch some of you there. Cheers! Bouncy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-2017, 08:36 AM
RE: My First Twitch Live Stream
Man wish I didn't have to work so I could watch it. Sad

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
08-13-2017, 12:46 PM (This post was last modified: 08-13-2017 03:12 PM by Jarlaxle.)
I *might* be on track for a late Tuesday night (morning--lunch for you) stream; spent most of the day just setting up OBS and getting various alert sounds and silliness. When I wake up later today it will finally be time to test the new mixer and mic, which is probably the most fun part, haha. Is that the day you're working or did you mean on the Saturday? Do people work Saturdays? >_@ Well just for you folk I'll give you a sneak peek at my schedule plans:

~ Saturdays: Team Stream Saturday (Hosting; got some locals together to play through newer//popular games for 4-6 hour recordings).
~ Sundays: Hard Mode Sunday (starting with Langrisser 2, and then Warsong; probably a full playthrough of Lufia after that since Saiyuki Journey west is still being made!)
~ Mondays: Bloody Monday (old-school shooters, aptly starting with Monolith's Blood, and later Heretic/Hexen/Doom/Duke Nukem 3D/etc, all High Resolution Pack mods).
~ Tuesdays: Tales of Tuesday (as mentioned above, playing through the lengthy Tales of... series, starting with Phantasia).

How awesome are four-day weekends? >_> I won't get all of that going at once, but that's my overall plan. Sunday + Tuesday stuff will be my priority at first. Stop by whenever, even if it's just a quick g'day! You got a mention on my Channel info page. Grin
08-13-2017, 02:07 PM
woot I like being mentioned. Grin

I'll try catch it on Tuesday. My schedules are Friday through Monday. Sucks that I have that schedule but it pays the bills.

08-14-2017, 08:10 AM
Yeah the only downside in my case is waking up on a Saturday *afternoon*, haha. I quickly get over it. Grin Just had a quick little test stream, might do another five minute test later. Just tricky getting the balance right, such as noise removal without muffling the commentary, and getting a decent game volume. Just didn't realise I need an adapter for my graphics card for a second monitor, I thought it was simply another HDMI port, but I need HDMI to Displayport. First time I've come across that shite, haha. Still on track for tomorrow, and it's better if I make some mistakes with my first Tales of Tuesday rather than the Hard Mode stuff, I suppose.
08-15-2017, 05:03 PM
Totally forgot that was today! Sorry mate! Do you record those streams to video files for YouTube like others do?

08-15-2017, 06:54 PM
G'day mate, yeah it was almost four hours of fun! Had a few good mates from your country help me out, so all good! Yeah recorded to Twitch so you can check it out over the next few days if you want, excuse the testing now and then. Will chop it down for YouTube eventually! Was meant as a test stream so not bad, first official stream on Saturday! But since I'm only doing a stream every few days starting out, you can always check out bits and pieces over empty days. Let me know any criticism, happy to hear it to improve the stream. Only my cheap mic at the moment; hope to have the new one by Saturday! Grin Anyhow, bed time; till next time!

¬10AM in Australia, 12-hour shift begins at 6PM, HAHA! Good luck to them! >_>
08-15-2017, 09:18 PM
woot, sounds good!

08-15-2017, 10:16 PM
..And despite all my testing, I did make one big mistake; I forgot to have Twitch keep a recording archived, after disabling it from saving my short test streams. >_@ I do have a copy on my computer though, so I'll put about four edited parts on YouTube followed by an Uncut full stream, haha. Then a Highlights video. I knew I'd screw something up. Grin Would have been curious to see if the version Twitch saves looks any better than the OBS recording, but we'll see on Saturday. Tons of ton though! My 12-hour shift in five~ hours much less so! Bouncy
08-16-2017, 10:03 AM
(08-15-2017 10:16 PM)Jarlaxle Wrote:  ..And despite all my testing, I did make one big mistake; I forgot to have Twitch keep a recording archived, after disabling it from saving my short test streams. >_@ I do have a copy on my computer though, so I'll put about four edited parts on YouTube followed by an Uncut full stream, haha. Then a Highlights video. I knew I'd screw something up. Grin Would have been curious to see if the version Twitch saves looks any better than the OBS recording, but we'll see on Saturday. Tons of ton though! My 12-hour shift in five~ hours much less so! Bouncy

Cheers!

08-20-2017, 06:29 AM
First official stream was ace! Got a random Host from a guy in Canada with 51 Viewers, so lots of good chats and Follows! Hoping to start my 'Bloody Mondays' tomorrow night, aiming for 10pm-2am, (8am-12pm east coast US); what's the time difference between say Boston and your neck of the woods? 6am-10am in that example? I might try 11pm-3am for my Tales of Tuesday stream, since another friend in the US lives near Denver and I know they are two hours behind Boston. Bloody geography and timezones, mate!
08-20-2017, 08:11 AM
(08-20-2017 06:29 AM)Jarlaxle Wrote:  First official stream was ace! Got a random Host from a guy in Canada with 51 Viewers, so lots of good chats and Follows! Hoping to start my 'Bloody Mondays' tomorrow night, aiming for 10pm-2am, (8am-12pm east coast US); what's the time difference between say Boston and your neck of the woods? 6am-10am in that example? I might try 11pm-3am for my Tales of Tuesday stream, since another friend in the US lives near Denver and I know they are two hours behind Boston. Bloody geography and timezones, mate!

I'm in central US time so I'm an hour behind Boston. Your friend in Denver is in the Mountain time zone. Breakdown below of the time zone differences in the US for better viewing. Oh and FYI, Arizona doesn't participate in Daylight Savings Time or so I've been told.

Melbourne: 11:00pm

(Eastern) Boston/NYC: 9:00am
(Central) Dallas/Chicago: 8:00am
(Mountain) Denver/Salt Lake City: 7:00am
(Pacific) Seattle/Los Angeles: 6:00am
(Alaska Standard Time) Alaska: 5:00am
(Hawaii Aleutian Time Zone): 3:00am

[Image: timezonenew.gif]

08-20-2017, 08:32 AM
Where are The Simpsons from? Grin

Good stuff, that will help big time! I'll probably add a link to the World Clock thing where you can see what time it is at such and such place when it is such and such time at your place. Unfortunately, we'll be a further hour apart in October, and then another hour in November, ugh. Luckily starting a bit later doesn't matter to a nightshifty like me, and any Aussies missing out isn't too big of a deal since it will likely be non-Aussies that would be more likely to watch my stuff anyway. ;) So looking forward to tearing things up in Blood, beer on hand! Haven't played that awesome game in too many years. I'll play on the second-highest difficulty level. Wish me luck! >_<
08-20-2017, 08:40 AM
So what I hear you saying is they (Aussies) would rather be drinking warm beer and gettin' their four wheel drive unstock from a bog then watch your stream, yea? Cheers!

I kid I kid. Bouncy

Been watching too much TopGear AUS and Outback Truckers. Haha! That and some random blokes on youtube who do car modifications. <-- I said that in my head with an Aussie accent. I need help. STFU

08-20-2017, 10:54 AM
Haha, although in saying that I did meet a fellow Aussie on my stream who lives in South Australia, so that was tops! At the end of the day someone will always miss out, so there's no such thing as a perfect schedule, eh?

I ran into some dingoes in Tales of Phantasia during my test stream, haha! I donated 1 Bit (yes, a single Bit) to my friend from Michigan for his Aussie impression, haha. It was worth one. Grin
08-20-2017, 11:28 AM
(08-20-2017 10:54 AM)Jarlaxle Wrote:  I ran into some dingoes in Tales of Phantasia during my test stream, haha! I donated 1 Bit (yes, a single Bit) to my friend from Michigan for his Aussie impression, haha. It was worth one. Grin

Haha! Brilliant.