So, someone school me on the PS Vita
08-21-2017, 04:12 PM
So, someone school me on the PS Vita
I remember something about being able to play these on your TV or through your PS3 or something.

Does anyone have one that can tell me more about this system? Now that Romancing SaGa 2 and 3 are coming out on it in English I'm highly interested. Especially on the playing on the TV part.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: So, someone school me on the PS Vita
(08-21-2017 04:12 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  I remember something about being able to play these on your TV or through your PS3 or something.

Does anyone have one that can tell me more about this system? Now that Romancing SaGa 2 and 3 are coming out on it in English I'm highly interested. Especially on the playing on the TV part.

Are you talking about Remote Play? Well, that's actually casting the PS3 or PS4 screen to the PS Vita, not the other way around. There is no way to cast a PS Vita game to a PS3 or PS4. However, the Playstation TV (https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-TV/dp...2Btv&th=1) can play some Vita games, both digital and physical. You could go that route if the Romancing Saga games are going to be PS TV compatible. Remember the PS TV is basically a streaming device for movies, TV shows, and video games.

But you're asking, what if the Romancing Saga games won't work on the PS TV? Well, there is a hack available to make the PS TV play all Vita games. Just hope that the Romancing Saga games won't have any touch screen support. Otherwise, it wouldn't work on the PS TV very well, since you are using the PS3/PS4 controllers with the system.

Here is a Youtube video walkthrough for the hack and links for the hack tools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAbqkFIyFKM

As for the PS Vita, it is nice system. It's a powerful little console with awesome graphics and sound, which are mostly on par with PS3 stuff. It uses proprietary game cards for physical games. But you can also download digital versions to a SD Card for storage. I highly recommend you get the old model, which has an OLED screen. Some of the latest TVs use OLED screens. The picture quality is far superior to the new model's LCD screen. I own an old model myself. It's a little larger and heavier in size. But you can feel the quality in your hands compared to the new models (lighter and smaller, but feels cheaper). It does have a touch screen, depends on the game's features. The back side is also touch sensitive if the game supports it.

Playstation Vita consoles are $200 brand new. But that's the price of a new, slim model. You can grab older, OLED models on EBay for about the same price or used for about $160.
Find all posts by this user
08-21-2017, 09:33 PM
(08-21-2017 09:07 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 04:12 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  I remember something about being able to play these on your TV or through your PS3 or something.

Are you talking about Remote Play? Well, that's actually casting the PS3 or PS4 screen to the PS Vita, not the other way around. There is no way to cast a PS Vita game to a PS3 or PS4. However, the Playstation TV (https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-TV/dp...2Btv&th=1) can play some Vita games, both digital and physical. You could go that route if the Romancing Saga games are going to be PS TV compatible. Remember the PS TV is basically a streaming device for movies, TV shows, and video games.

But you're asking, what if the Romancing Saga games won't work on the PS TV? Well, there is a hack available to make the PS TV play all Vita games. Just hope that the Romancing Saga games won't have any touch screen support. Otherwise, it wouldn't work on the PS TV very well, since you are using the PS3/PS4 controllers with the system.

Here is a Youtube video walkthrough for the hack and links for the hack tools: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAbqkFIyFKM

As for the PS Vita, it is nice system. It's a powerful little console with awesome graphics and sound, which are mostly on par with PS3 stuff. It uses proprietary game cards for physical games. But you can also download digital versions to a SD Card for storage. I highly recommend you get the old model, which has an OLED screen. Some of the latest TVs use OLED screens. The picture quality is far superior to the new model's LCD screen. I own an old model myself. It's a little larger and heavier in size. But you can feel the quality in your hands compared to the new models (lighter and smaller, but feels cheaper). It does have a touch screen, depends on the game's features. The back side is also touch sensitive if the game supports it.

Playstation Vita consoles are $200 brand new. But that's the price of a new, slim model. You can grab older, OLED models on EBay for about the same price or used for about $160.

Thanks for clearing that up Phil. I knew I'd get some good info! I hope the Romancing SaGa's won't use the touch screens because I want to play them on the TV. Had no idea the PS Vita were that expensive!

Maybe I'll get lucky and figure out something to trade for one or both of these from the community. Grin

08-21-2017, 09:51 PM
(08-21-2017 09:33 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 09:07 PM)ctophil Wrote:  

Thanks for clearing that up Phil. I knew I'd get some good info! I hope the Romancing SaGa's won't use the touch screens because I want to play them on the TV. Had no idea the PS Vita were that expensive!

Maybe I'll get lucky and figure out something to trade for one or both of these from the community. Grin

No problem, JC. You could just get the Playstation TV, unless you want both TV and portable playing capabilities. There is a Vita game slot on the PS TV. What Sony did was "Blacklist" games they think wouldn't work on the PS TV very well, or didn't want to pay extra money to license it for PS TV usage. The hack I mentioned earlier puts all games on the "Whitelist" so you can play them all. The PS TV simply checks for these games on the "Whitelist" or "Blacklist."
Find all posts by this user
08-21-2017, 10:00 PM
(08-21-2017 09:51 PM)ctophil Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 09:33 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  
(08-21-2017 09:07 PM)ctophil Wrote:  Are you talking about Remote Play? Well, that's actually casting the PS3 or PS4 screen to the PS Vita, not the other way around. There is no way to cast a PS Vita game to a PS3 or PS4. However, the Playstation TV (https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-TV/dp...2Btv&th=1) can play some Vita games, both digital and physical. You could go that route if the Romancing Saga games are going to be PS TV compatible. Remember the PS TV is basically a streaming device for movies, TV shows, and video games.

No problem, JC. You could just get the Playstation TV, unless you want both TV and portable playing capabilities. There is a Vita game slot on the PS TV. What Sony did was "Blacklist" games they think wouldn't work on the PS TV very well, or didn't want to pay extra money to license it for PS TV usage. The hack I mentioned earlier puts all games on the "Whitelist" so you can play them all. The PS TV simply checks for these games on the "Whitelist" or "Blacklist."

I agree. The PS TV is intriguing and on sale for $60. But I'm hoping to trade for one on one of the gaming collector forums I'm a member of. Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [PS4/PS Vita/Steam] Secret of Mana Remake xlom3000 24 779 08-27-2017 08:14 AM
Last Post: JCE3000GT
  Old school Translations I should play? xlom3000 6 363 04-29-2017 06:28 PM
Last Post: xlom3000