Learning SQL
08-28-2017, 10:07 AM
Learning SQL
I need some advice on learning SQL, specifically advice on projects. What kind of projects can I do with SQL that would be useful for ROM hacking? What would you like to have as ROM hacker that could - or should - be done with SQL?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2017, 11:24 AM
RE: Learning SQL
(08-28-2017 10:07 AM)MysticLord Wrote:  I need some advice on learning SQL, specifically advice on projects. What kind of projects can I do with SQL that would be useful for ROM hacking? What would you like to have as ROM hacker that could - or should - be done with SQL?

You know I haven't used SQL in almost 20 years so I may not be the best person to help here. Are you learning SQL to use for something ROM hacking related or just for general database applications?

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-28-2017, 09:09 PM
Neither, I'm looking for a project I can do so I can learn SQL. I can't force myself to do anything without a reason to do so. I want to learn SQL, therefore I need a project where I would or could use it. Modding is interesting to me, therefore this project should be related to modding.
08-29-2017, 10:28 AM
Are there any SQL related forums with some quick start or beginner tips/guide out there? Might be a good place to start. I dont have any of my materials anymore since I stopped running a private server for an MMO that used SQL. Wish I could help!

08-30-2017, 10:32 AM
There are plenty of materials, I just need an idea for a project that would use SQL.
09-01-2017, 08:36 AM
(08-30-2017 10:32 AM)MysticLord Wrote:  There are plenty of materials, I just need an idea for a project that would use SQL.

Hmmm... How about an interactive website that has all of the documented data stored in SQL then you can then recall the data the web user requests live on the page?

Kind of hard to explain so I hope you get what I'm saying. :)