Harvey's impacted my family
08-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Harvey's impacted my family
Keep us in your thoughts. My dad's neighborhood is free from water but my sister-in-law's family's house is taking on water. First floor is pretty much full of water. They managed to get out last I heard.

This storm is no joke down here in Texas. In the Dallas area it's been mostly quiet but that could change if the storm takes a more westerly path when it starts to head back up.

[Image: jce3000gt_md.png]

[Image: jce3000gt.jpg]
^Still adding PC games...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2017, 04:36 AM
RE: Harvey's impacted my family
You can drown in an attic. Make sure that they have a sledgehammer, an axe, or a means to reach the roof if they climb into their attic to escape the water.
Find all posts by this user
08-29-2017, 10:26 AM
(08-29-2017 04:36 AM)MysticLord Wrote:  or a means to reach the roof if they climb into their attic to escape the water.

They did this. They are somewhere safe now. So much rain is still to come I bet their 2 story house gets completely consumed. Sad

08-29-2017, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2017 03:06 PM by ctophil.)
(08-28-2017 09:32 PM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Keep us in your thoughts. My dad's neighborhood is free from water but my sister-in-law's family's house is taking on water. First floor is pretty much full of water. They managed to get out last I heard.

This storm is no joke down here in Texas. In the Dallas area it's been mostly quiet but that could change if the storm takes a more westerly path when it starts to head back up.

Yes, I have been following Hurricane Harvey for a while. I send much love to your family and friends, as well as the numerous people affected by the storm. If your family needs any kind of financial, moral, spiritual support, or just want to talk, I'm here for you guys. Just let me know.
08-29-2017, 09:57 PM
Craziness, mate. Hope your family is okay. Had some bad floods up north a few years back but it's usually fires we need to worry about. Take it easy.
08-30-2017, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 08-31-2017 04:56 AM by MysticLord.)
Reports of looters stealing boats and posing as police officers. They tell people a dam is about to break then loot their homes when they leave.

Might be time to set up a monero or paypal and solicit donations.

EDIT

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41104451

An organic chemical plant in Houston is about to blow. I hear it's in a district with a lot of fertilizer plants. If you're with 5 miles of that part of Houston, it's time to leave.
09-01-2017, 08:33 AM
Wow both of those are intense and just show the worst side of humanity. This may rub some people the wrong way but I'll spend my karma points and hope bad things happen to these jerks that prey on victims like that. Any sort of theft during a natural disaster should be met with swift and extreme punishment.

FYI, everyone is safe and it looks like the house won't be a total loss. So that's good news. They lived in Kingwood which was evacuated due to the water. It was all over the news...

09-02-2017, 05:21 PM
(09-01-2017 08:33 AM)JCE3000GT Wrote:  Wow both of those are intense and just show the worst side of humanity. This may rub some people the wrong way but I'll spend my karma points and hope bad things happen to these jerks that prey on victims like that. Any sort of theft during a natural disaster should be met with swift and extreme punishment.

FYI, everyone is safe and it looks like the house won't be a total loss. So that's good news. They lived in Kingwood which was evacuated due to the water. It was all over the news...

That's good to hear that it wasn't a total loss. But is the house livable if they returned to it tomorrow? If not, what is the plan? How far away are they from your house? Perhaps they can live with you for the time being while the house gets cleaned up and rebuilt?

As for the Karma thing, trust me that the Universe will return the favor to those who do bad things. Since you mentioned Karma, you already know what goes around, comes around. It is their lesson to learn, not yours. Although, there is a lesson here for you, i.e. to not get involved Karmically. Just keep being at peace and always express love. The Universe will return the favor to you.
09-02-2017, 08:56 PM
As always good advice. Grin They are going to be ok. Not sure on the house condition yet but will update as soon as I know anything.